International Shiatsu Day
Let's celebrate Shiatsu without borders together
We want to create a sharing environment
We want to promote Shiatsu
ISD beyond barriers
What is ISD?
- Subscribe to the newsletter by sending your email
- Download the ISD logo and upload it on your website/profile, stories or depliant
- Post any contribution (a photo, a sentence, a short video) of the activity you organized with the hashtag # international shiatsuday. It is a way to give greater visibility to our profession, informing that the people of Shiatsu have a large number of professionals who can be trusted to recover resources and vitality.
- If you like, you can send multimedial material of your ISD to be published on this website or to be integrated in the ISD communications.
Statement of intent of the International Shiatsu Day
This manifesto is an invitation to take part as a key player to a collective event that aims to reach a wide audience: a symbolic day to feel united and say Shiatsu in all languages of the world. This initiative has been taken by a large number of people who want to create an event free from any affiliation to political parties or economic gain, an event inviting all Shiatsu practitioners to go beyond barriers and labels. We dream of a moment where various branches of the practice will come together to act not as a single member but as part of one great heart, the Heart of Shiatsu.
That is how we imagine this day: beyond styles, trends and logos. A vital wave of energy involving all those (schools, associations, groups, individuals) who have discovered Shiatsu and practice it, teach it, receive it and love it!
It is no coincidence that this initiative has found its biggest momentum in such exceptional circumstances that the whole world is going through due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Together we can bring a sign of hope and trust to a fearful and distressed society: thanks to everyone’s commitment this ISD will resonate around the world. We can all see how important our constant work is in making sure that people and society can live well together in a balanced and harmonious way. We shiatsu practitioners firmly believe that Shiatsu can help! Everyone of us, whatever role or context, can do his part to promote the event in his community, group and workplace.
We cannot do all this as individuals. An old japanese proverb says that “ Once a fly is stuck to a horse’s tail she can ride tens of miles”. We can do the same as we have a magnificent horse called Shiatsu: let’s start riding!
- Go into this page Ask for registration fill in form to request to be registered.
- Once your registration is approved (by receiving a mail) you can come back to this page Send picture material and follow the istructions.